We have new pen pals from Iowa. They have asked us a lot of questions. We will keep answering these questions over the break.
Parents, if any student wants to help, just pick a question and send the answer to Mrs. Denise, and she will post it here! Thanks!
- How old are you (students in class)?
We are 5 or 6 years old.
- How many students are in your class?
We have 26 in each class.
- May we see a picture of your class?
We’re working on a video for you!
- Is your classroom the only one?
There are two KG2 classes.
- Do you students have Classroom Jobs?
Yes, we do. There are table jobs. You bring the basket of colors, pencils, erasers, and books to the table for the students at our table.
We have a new job–the person who writes the date on the whiteboard each day. That person gets to do the job for one week.
We all do the cleaning up job. We take turns doing the Calendar job.
- Do you do the Calendar each day?
We count the days. We are now on 123. We put a square on the day of the month. We tell what the weather is like.
- What is the weather like? Do you ever get snow to build a snowman?
We will never build a snowman in Bahrain. The low temperature is in the 50s F.
However, did you know you can go snow skiing in Dubai, which is a large city not far from us? You don’t even have to wait until winter. How do you suppose they do that?
- How do you get to school? By bus?
Some of us come to school by bus, but not yellow school buses. We take large vans like the picture shows. A few of us come with our nannies or a driver. More come with our mom or dad. No one walks to school, except for Mrs. Denise.
- Do you use Daily 5?
No, we don’t use Daily 5. Most of the day we are in Arabic class. We come to English class for 1-2 hours a day. We practice sounds and writing letters. We sing. We build. We write.
- Do you have P.E., Art, Music, and/or Library?
Yes, we have all of those. We call P.E. Sports, though. Our teacher is Ms. Fatima. We have art with Ms. Sameera. We have music with Ms. Anna and library with Ms. Andrea.
- What have you learned (this school year)?
ABCs, numbers, to read, to write sentences. We learned new songs, like “I Think You’re Wonderful” and “These are My Sight Words.” We learned sight words. We learned from each other during show and tell time.
- What do you like about school?
Some of the things we like are:
- reading books
- Arabic and English homework
- birthday and other parties
- show and tell
- 100 Day party
- sight words
- all my classmates
- all the school
- How many days of school have you had? Have you had your 100th day?
Yes, we had our 100th day of school. We had a party. Here are some pictures from the 100 Day celebration.
29 May – it is Day 140 today.
- Have you learned about Community Workers?
Yes, we dressed up like community workers. It was also who we wanted to be when we grew up. We were police, teachers, artists, fire fighters, nurses and doctors.
- How good are you students at listening?
Mrs. Denise said some days we listen better than others!
- What happens if you are good or naughty?
Sometimes we have a time out, or we go see the supervisor when we are naughty. When we are good we learn a lot and have fun creating and producing!