Krebs' Class Blogs

Constructing, creating, communicating, collaborating, and thinking critically in grade 5.

We, the People: Preamble to the Constitution

| 0 comments

The Constitution of the United States of America.

The Supreme Law of the Land.

Eighth graders have been studying the history of this important document and memorizing the preamble.

In the words of the Constitution: “We, the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

One project the students did was to restate the preamble in their own words, which helped our understanding as we memorized it. Here are the works of their minds and hands for your enjoyment and enlightenment.

Most students chose to work with paper.

Melissa's PreambleMany papers were yellowed and scorched, looking aged and authentic. I scanned these and shared them at here.

Thanks to Mr. Rickett and his 4th Quarter Wish List, I tried Min.us to share the files. It is an easy and useful app to try.

Here is Crystal’s Glogster.

Ashley prepared a Google Presentation with her rewrite of the Preamble.

And finally, I’ve included my favorite video about the Preamble to the Constitution. I love when Barney Fife tries to  remember the Preamble he memorized in high school.

More Preamble Videos.

Thanks for visiting and viewing our class blog! My students enjoy contributing their work to the world, and we love to receive comments too. Thank you!

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.