January 9, 2012
by Denise Krebs
Students have been busy posting this past week in our Week of Blogging Challenge. Today’s challenge was Monday Mashups. Most of us had fun with BeFunky.com, a great mashup Web 2.0 app.
A mashup of the BeFunky.com website.
Here are some of the students’ creations for Monday Mashup. Notice they used only Creative Commons licensed images that allowed for derivatives or subscription clipart for the original pieces.
November 20, 2011
by Denise Krebs
From eltpics Parties and Celebrations Photoset and BigHugeLabs.com
Here’s how you can make a mosaic with your Flickr photoset.
- Find your Flickr Photoset and get the URL. It should look something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/krebsclass/sets/72157627677093806/
- Go to the Mosaic Maker at BigHugeLabs.com/mosaic.php and decide the size of the grid you want to make. For instance, 4×6 or 5×5 are good if you have 25 or more pics. You can decide on any size or shape, and you don’t have to use all the pictures.
- Choose “Flickr Photoset” for how you would like to select images, and paste the URL in the address bar. Then Create.
- Save your Mosaic.
- Copy the HTML code so readers can follow the link back to the original photos.
- Insert your mosaic into your blog.
- Be sure to be working in HTML editor and then, under your mosaic, insert the HTML code to link back to the photos. Or, like I did, you can add the code to the end of your blog post.
- Optional, add text or shapes to your mosaic using Preview or any other photo editor you like.
There you have it! If you follow these steps, you can make a mosaic, annotate it, upload it to your blog, and properly cite it. If you have any questions, or need more explanation or images, leave a comment below and I would be glad to help.
Photos in my mosaic are from #eltpics Parties and Celebration Photoset. Here are links to the individual photos:
1. cheers, 2. Summer solstice, 3. wedding, 4. birthday, 5. party food, 6. Celebrations, 7. Bonfire night, 8. after the party, 9. 1st birthday party, 10. Birthday cake, 11. Decorations, 12. Tet, 13. Tet Vietnamese New Year, 14. 35 years of independence, 15. Hanoi’s 1000th birthday, 16. Christmas dinner, 17. Independence day Peru, 18. celebrating Medieval crafts, 19. flags and bunting, 20. Medieval street bunting, 21. celebratory flags in Cáceres, 22. celebrating three cultures in Cáceres, 23. celebrating three cultures in Cáceres, 24. Birthday bike!