Krebs' Class Blogs

Constructing, creating, communicating, collaborating, and thinking critically in grade 5.

Gorilla gorilla, the Western Gorilla

| 12 Comments

We are reading The One and Only Ivan now for the Global Read Aloud.

Seventh graders are enjoying this sweet story about a gorilla who uses his art to save the day.

We created this trivia quiz about the western gorilla. After you take it (or before), you can go to the San Diego Zoo’s site to learn about gorillas.

UPDATE: Click here to see the correct answers.

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

12 Comments

1. Any way you can post the results/answers for your quiz?

2. Awesome quiz…I know I got all my answers correct. Thanks for the additional resource and thanks for doing this. Well done grade 7’s. Can I use this for my 6/7’s up here in Canada. It is a perfect way to review for our science unit we are starting tomorrow.

3. Hi Mrs. Krebs,

This is fabulous! What a great way to bring nonfiction in with the novel. Will you leave the quiz up and post the results below so others can borrow from your idea?

Kind regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

4. Hello Mrs. Krebs and Grade 7,
    Thanks for this fun quiz and for letting us know about this book. We have not read or heard of this story before, and we are always interested in a new read. I also love to see the way classes use their blogs to explore their curriculum. I have not seen a quiz like this before. Great job!
    We live near Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida, and they have a great gorilla habitat.
    I am looking forward to seeing your results next week.
    ~Mrs. Donofrio

5. I thought that this quiz was very interesting. When i go to Disney World, they have habitats for gorillas so I tried to remember what I saw in the habitats. Hey, have you ever seen a gorilla in real life?

6. Wow! This was fun quiz. Very interesting, maybe someday you guys could come and check out my teachers blog. She has a couple quizes to take. Very cool!
    – Courtney

7. Pingback: Krebs' Class Blogs » Blog Archive » Gorilla gorilla Answers