Krebs' Class Blogs

Constructing, creating, communicating, collaborating, and thinking critically in grade 5.

If I Lived Forever…

| 16 Comments

If you lived forever on earth, would it be a blessing or a curse?

That was the question we considered before we began to read Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. We have joined hundreds of other students around the world in the Global Read Aloud. Here are our answers to the question that is asked on the cover of the book, “Would it be a blessing or a curse?”

It would be a blessing if I stayed 21 or 25 because I would be able to get to go anywhere by myself, like Miami and on the airplane or California or anywhere in the world.

If I could live on earth forever and never grow old, but be 21 years old, I think it might be all right. It would be a curse, too, because you can’t have any friends or spouse without them dying or finding out.

It would be a curse because if you loved someone you’d be alive while they’re dead and you’d never have enough time to be settles before someone guessed you could live forever. You’d be a science experiment. On the other hand, you could see the whole world.

I think it would be a curse because why would you want to live forever on earth? You would just get bored, and what if you got in a fight with a friend, you would have to live on with that for the rest of your life.

I would like to be in my 20s and live forever, but I would like to go to heaven someday.

Would it be a blessing or a curse? It would be a curse because you would never get to die and see your loved ones if they were dead.

I think that it would not be a blessing to live forever, but not really a curse, either. I would not like living forever on earth. It would get boring and old. I would run out of things to do and it would be a long life that I would not like to live. I would not enjoy living forever.

It would be a curse because if you lived forever the world would get over crowded and some people would have to move to a different planet.

I would not want to live forever because I would like to go to heaven and meet my grandpa and reunite with my Uncle Junior.

If I could live forever on earth, I think it would be a curse because I want to go to heaven and reunite with my family and friends.

It would be a curse because you wouldn’t be able to go to heaven. You would have to go to different jobs every couple years and you have to move a lot.

I think it would be a blessing and a curse. It may be a blessing because you would be able to live forever and see things you wouldn’t be able to see now in the present. It may be a curse because you would see some of the things you may not want to see. They may have new laws that you won’t like or other things that you just truly dislike.

It would be a blessing because Jesus wanted you to be on earth forever. It’s his choice for your life. I would probably think it’s a blessing, not a curse.

It would be a curse because I would never go to heaven. I would never see God and my ancestors. I would have to go through all the bad times that would happen. If I was caught, people would do terrible things to me.

It would be both a blessing and a curse because it would be cool, but it would be bad because everybody would die, but not you.

It would be a gift because you would live forever.

If I could live forever on earth, it would be a curse because your body would never change. It would also be a blessing because you would never die.

I wouldn’t want to live on earth forever because I would always stay 12 and be in school forever. It would be a curse. The world would get boring because you would know everything. You would run out of things to do.

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

16 Comments