Krebs' Class Blogs

Constructing, creating, communicating, collaborating, and thinking critically in grade 5.

Leave Your Blog URL When Visiting Others

| 4 Comments

Here are step-by-step instructions for leaving your URL in a comment.

1. First, open a new post and call it “playground”. This is one you will not post, but it will remain in draft form, a place to practice.
  2. Open a new post called "Playground"

After working on your playground post, always push "SAVE DRAFT" not "PUBLISH"

3. On your practice page, write a message about your blog in Visual view. Something like: My blog or Please visit my blog.                 Highlight the words you want to hyperlink
  4. Next, copy your URL from your blog.          Copy your URL from your blog
  5. Highlight a word or words you want to link to your blog.  Highlight the words you want to hyperlink
  6. Then click on the link button and add your URL.               Add your blog's link
  7. Finally, move to HTML view and copy the code.              Switch to HTML and capture the code.
  8. Paste it into the comment box along with your well-written, thoughtful comment.

Post the HTML code into your comment.

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

4 Comments

1. Mrs Krebs,
    Someone named Chandler has signed up for the student blogging challenge and has you as his teacher but he has given me the wrong URL. Could you please email me the correct one over the next few days?

2. Hello MS. Kreb. I would like to thank you for being a com-mentor on my blog. How do you like my comment.

3. G’day Mrs Krebs,
    Students can have both their name and their avatar linked to their blog URL without leaving it in their comment.

Just make sure they have included on their profile page their nickname and the URL of their own blog where it says website. Dashboard>users> profile